Re-designing your kitchen in the best possible way – Tips from the experts
When it comes to kitchen remodeling, this can be one of the most expensive projects you can embark on. But at the same time, it can also provide you with the best return on investment when it’s time to sell off your home and move to a newer one. Although nowadays, most women are working, yet a kitchen is always a place that is close to the heart of a woman. As she spends a part of her day in the kitchen cooking meals for her family, she wants it to be the perfect place, just as she dreamt it to be. But if you still don’t have your dream kitchen, how about remodeling it? Here are some kitchen remodeling ideas to consider.
- Think ahead: According to an eminent interior designer Jacqui Hargrove, when it comes to redesigning a kitchen, function should always come first. Actually, there’s no perfect shape for an ideal kitchen. Whether it will e a galley-shaped or U-shaped or L-shaped, make sure you plan for the sink, fridge and cooktop to form a perfect triangle, with no more than 6-feet between each for easy movement. So, the shape of the kitchen should be decided first.
- Have enough space for storage: The biggest blunder that most people make during the planning stage is not having enough space for storage. You can use every nook and cranny so that you have ample space to keep utensils, containers and also the spices. Put overhead cabinets, if needed, up to the ceiling, rather than leaving a gap on top as this space will keep collecting dust. The cabinets can be decorated with some perfect frames or pictures that you may get from wholesaleposterframes.com
- Have enough light: Unlike all the other rooms in your house, overhead lighting is certainly not enough for your kitchen as cooking with insufficient light is not possible. Don’t put the light behind you as this will cast a shadow on your work. Have it positioned in such a manner that the light falls in front of you. You can also attach under-cabinet lights as it shines directly on countertops.
- Appropriate power sources: Ensure that there are adequate sources of power for new and relocated appliances. There are many people who realize too late that there are no electric lines for their kitchen gadgets. An interior designer also suggests that you should measure appliances to know that they will fit comfortably into the spaces that are allocated for them.
- Surface and space: There’s no such idea like too much counter-space. Hence you need to choose a surface that is easy to work on and care for. But you should keep in mind that the grout between tiles is tough to maintain and that the stainless steel can even scratch easily.
- Start afresh: Forget the idea of reusing appliances from your old kitchen. You may feel that you’re saving enough money but very soon you will realise that the old appliance will stick out like a sore thumb in the new environment. So, you can find out some other ways of saving money as this won’t work. Don’t spend $100 on a drawer handle when cheaper ones will look better.
So, if you wish to enhance the value of your home, take into account the above mentioned kitchen remodeling tips.